7th Biennial Conference on Construction Projects from Conception to Completion
The IBA International Construction Projects Committee of the Energy, Environment, Natural Resources and Infrastructure Law Section (SEERIL) and the IBA Young Lawyers’ Committee, supported by the IBA European Regional Forum hosted 7th Biennial Conference on Construction Projects from Conception to Completion. Masin’s was one of the sponsorship for the event. The conference was to analyze the developments and focus on the topics which include:-
- FIDIC’s 2017 vs. FIDIC’s 1999 Conditions
- Defects Liability Periods (and the like): what are the pitfalls?
- Smart contracts: how might technology disruption change construction contracts as we know them?
- The importance of the applicable law. How far do lawyers from civil law and common law backgrounds view the same construction law issues differently?
- Hardship laws in times of uncertainty: when might contractors successfully rely upon such laws?
- The (in)applicability of liquidated damages for delay and the relevant factors that drive their reduction in many jurisdictions
- The IBA Rules vs. the Prague Rules in construction arbitration
- Arbitrator selection: ethics and considerations
- Prospective vs. retrospective assessments under construction contracts
Date : 31 October to 2 November 2019
Venue : Hotel de Rome, Berlin, Germany